Old 16th May 2018, 06:51 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
War for The Planet Of The Apes 2017

After being attacked and betrayed by some apes and a big loss, Ceasar vows revenge on the colonel who killed his family and forcing apes to become slaves.

This is not the best installment to the franchise, the movie does tend togo slow then the pace builds up then slow again. Woody Harrleson's performance as the colonel wasnt his best, its like he was told, "yeah theres the camera you stand there and act wooden". Andy serkis does return as Ceasar and makes things look more creative than the previous films and more protective of his young son Cornelius. Steve Zahn appears as Bad Ape, who seeks more apes but is more cheeky/comedy act that helps to keep us entertained. 6.5 out of 10.
I've only seen this once and intend to buy the Ultra HD release tomorrow, but I thought the way it incorporates elements of Apocalypse Now and even some video game references (the gorilla called Donkey) and introduced some really strong characters, both sympathetic and unlikable, was extremely well done – I absolutely adored Bad Ape – and was very moved by the end.