View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2018, 03:25 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default A quick round up.

Freehold (2017)

A shady real estate agent has no idea that he's acquired a hidden house guest, who quietly moved into his flat without being detected. Aka Two Pigeons, Freehold was a delight throughout. Both amusing and incredibly disturbing at the same time, i found myself laughing then recoiling with disgust, often in the same scene. More a thriller than conventional horror film. I loved it.

Highly recommended.

The Guns of Navarone (1961)

A British team is sent to cross occupied Greek territory and destroy the massive German gun emplacement on the island of Navarone that threatens the movement of Allied troops in the Aegean Sea.

A classic World War II 'men on a mission' movie from the pen of the great Alistair Maclean. Great characters, an excellent ensemble cast (Look out for Richard Harris in a bloody good cameo) and a strong story ensure The Guns of Navarone remains in my affections forever and a day.

Highly recommended.

Plankton (1994)

Aka Creatures from the Abyss. Mad Italian movie about five twenty somethings lost at sea who happen upon an abandoned large private yacht. Well abandoned except for mutated sea creatures running amok that is.

Everything i said about Navarone - Great cast, characters and story do not apply here. Plankton is a mess, but it's an oddly endearing mess of all the exploitation tropes you can think of. There's gore, nudity, gross gags (Guy mutates into a wierd fish monster whilst having sex and girl ignores it and seems to enjoy it more) and terrible decision making galore.

Recommended with caution.... you might think it sucks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91PaBtn0x7L._SY445_.jpg (53.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Guns-of-Navarone-The_02.jpg (96.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg creatures_from_abyss_poster_01.jpg (105.8 KB, 7 views)