View Single Post
Old 26th May 2018, 01:49 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Well that's two hours of my life i will never get back, absolutely awful film badly written, paced and directed some decent acting and set pieces but that's it,the more interesting characters are killed early and the actor playing Han was badly miscast , granted no-one could replace Ford but this guy looks and acts nothing like the character we love,also be looks older than Ford in the first film!! 2/10
Wow! So bad. I wasn't expecting glowing reviews but i thought most people would quite enjoy it. You make a good point about the young Solo looking older than he did in Star Wars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
At least Fulci was still at the top of his game when he made this. Yes, the plot was a noncoherent mess. But what it lacked in plot, it made up for with bags of atmosphere and great camera work. Loved the main score as well.
Even Fulci thinks it's crap you know. He never worked with long time producer Fabrizio De Angelis after this. But as you say, as we've all alluded, to he's still a stylish director at this point.