View Single Post
Old 26th May 2018, 06:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Death Game (1977)

Perhaps the first "Home Invasion" film, as it was filmed in '74, but held back a few years. It stars Seymour Cassel as a well-off businessman, who is home alone on his birthday as his wife goes out of town with their kids. Not long after, two women, led by Sondra Locke, knock on his door, soaking from the rain, asking for dry clothes.

Soon after, they convince the poor guy into a threesome in his hot tub., pissed off that the women are still there in the morning, he offered to drive them home. When he returns back to his house, so do the girls and the tie him up, mess his house up and torture him.

Not a great film, by any means, but I laughed my arse off at the ending, which I'm almost certain was supposed to be shocking. Home invasion movies are one of my least favourite subgenres, but you might enjoy it if you're into that kind of thing. There's plenty of titties failing that, 5.5/10

Knock, Knock (2015)

See above for my review of Death Game. This is a remake, with an almost identical plot, directed by the master of terrible cinema, Eli Roth.

I didn't think it was possible for Roth to make a worse film than Hostel 2, but he's achieved it! This is by far his worst film I've seen so far. Nearly identical plot to Death Game, except with cringe-worthy dialogue, gigantic plotholes and wooden acting, Roth's trademark unlikable, asshole characters and Keanu Reeves.

The introduction took 20 minutes ( Death game managed in about 5) and the ending is terrible, as is everything else in between. Not only is this the worst film Of Eli Roth's career so far, it's the worst film I've seen this year. I genuinely hated every second of this film. Death Game is Citizen Kane in comparison. 2/10

Last edited by ArgentoFan1987; 27th May 2018 at 05:15 AM.