View Single Post
Old 4th June 2018, 06:33 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post
Okay lets just get it out the way. The Invasion of the Dinosaurs has one clear flaw, the dinosaurs. I appreciate this was the 70's and I respect their ambition but it just doesn't work. Some non-scary ones, like the Stegosaurus and the Triceratops, aren't as bad but the Pterodactyl, Brontosaurus and the T-Rex... Oh dear. They aren't scary and they use the T-Rex THREE times as a cliff-hanger!
Whenever anyone mentioned 'Invasion Of The Dinosaurs', there is always one thing that immediately springs to mind for me:

"KKLAK"!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post
The scene with the Doctor getting chased in Episode 5 was pointless as well, should have been cut
I think I'm correct in saying that this was done as a 'thank you' and a treat for Jon Pertwee. Because it was known that his time as The Doctor was ending, and because he loved any kind of motorised vehicle, writer Malcolm Hulke came up with an extended chase sequence featuring Bessie, a gyrocopter, a speedboat, a hovercraft and the Whomobile as well as a comedy copper and tramp. All of this was filmed in a single day, and while it is gratuitous, Pertwee enjoyed himself immensely!

**Edit - Actually, I might be getting confused with the chase scenes during 'Planet Of The Spiders'

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Last edited by Susan Foreman; 4th June 2018 at 07:50 AM.