View Single Post
Old 13th June 2018, 03:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
More talk, or worth getting excited by?

Doctor Who archivist says there is hope for the 97 lost episodes | Radio Times

"BBC Doctor Who archivist Paul Vanezis, who recovered four “missing” episodes in the 1980s, has revealed he knows where more of the remaining episodes are located...“There is absolutely no question that there are missing Doctor Who films out there with private film collectors,” Vanezis says

“I know some of these collectors, and at some point they may be interested in handing over their films. But they’re not the kind of people that you should be pressuring to hand things over.”

The archivist clarified: “I don’t want to make this sound like there are lots of tins of missing Doctor Who out there that I know about. You know, we’re talking about one or two episodes. But they’re there and if something happens at some point in the future for them to be revealed then great.”

If it’s two episodes we’re talking about, they could be the ones that were borrowed from the archives by children’s show Blue Peter – and never returned. Those were episode four of The Daleks’ Masterplan, and episode four of The Tenth Planet."

Vanezis himself is part of the 'Doctor Who Restoration Team', and was directly involved in the recovery of "The Temple of Evil", "The Bride of Sacrifice", and "The Day of Darkness" [from the story 'The Aztecs'], all episodes of The Sensorites, and "A Land of Fear", "Guests of Madame Guillotine" , "A Change of Identity", and "Prisoners of Conciergerie" [from the story 'The Reign Of Terror']
Talk, every few years seems something like this that comes too nothing