View Single Post
Old 17th June 2018, 11:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Watched the new Jurassic Park film and really enjoyed it, surprised by the fairly lukewarm reception this has got. The best one in my opinion and the most fun I have had with the franchise since the original 1994 masterpiece. Certainly more interesting than the first Jurassic World, which just seemed to me to be a fun but forgettable retread of the original but with unconvincing CGI.

Really benefits from Bayona's fresh direction, some new ideas and some cool imagery too. With the horror elements, it also introduced some of the suspense that Jurassic Park had. Altogether, I felt it captured the magic of the original much better than Jurrasic World.

I really do not get the criticism that this is an awful film because people make dumb decisions. If I recall people make some pretty awful and stupid decisions in the 1994 original but that is still a classic piece of cinema. I don't remember the security of the first Jurassic Park being too good either!

8/10.

Also caught Three Kings on the TV and damn, did I forget how good this film is.

Looking at it post-Iraq War and now with Trump in office with his America First and Make America Great messages, just makes it seem even more on point about how ****ed up western policy and middle east politics is, and how things really don't change.

I reckon Trump would be even greater friends with Saddam than Bush Senior was before the Gulf War, if Saddam was still alive!

Last edited by Buboven; 18th June 2018 at 12:29 AM.