View Single Post
Old 21st June 2018, 03:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Who's on first

I thought it was dead parrot sketch or two Ronnie's four candles that where voted best comedy sketch of 20th century
Mrs Brown boys I do get and see why its not everyone cup of tea and why people don't like it and I don't think it's that great just enjoyable nonsense .
And a lot of people think Only fools and horses is voted best British comedy of all time it isn't its Fawlty towers , I think a lot of the appeal with only fools and horses is it just plain simple humour that doesn't rely on swearing crude rude smutt (yes a little here and there eg the blow up dolls ) that most comedies ( like or dislike ) rely on these days.
Define comedy everyone sense of humour is different, me personally apart from games night I barely raised a chuckle at any comedy film over last 10yrs or so
Its the same with comedians most comedians I don't find funny and a lot of people don't like Peter Kay either, me I prefer Kevin bridges these days
I think the punchline in this about government getting people back to work and working in Poundland had me in stitches

Last edited by gag; 21st June 2018 at 04:24 PM.