View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2018, 05:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

When I watch The Robots of Death, I see a show that's at its peak. Seen it in 2017 but was awake early in the morning, then in Glasgow the whole day and back at night when I was exhausted, so barely remembered parts of it.

Seeing it again made me appreciate the masterpiece it is.

So far its definitely the best this Season and easily strong enough to match the titans of Season 13. If I had to choose between this or Pyramids of Mars for instance, for the record a great Story I hasten to add, I would have to pick this one.

Its just so creepy, in a way that the mummies, the androids or the Morbius Monster aren't. The robots are simply perfection. Never, at any given moment, did I ever think "oh its some guy in a suit", which is a testament to how well they work. I also love the music that accompanies them whenever they appear onscreen.

Leela is the most refreshing companion for some time. Sarah had great moments but with Leela you have both a great actress and someone who isn't just "another companion". She really is Jamie all over again and done just as well: see the way she kicks the guy in the balls to escape in Episode 2... Just things like that which stand out, you really don't wanna mess with this girl!

One thing I will say though: the baddie is obvious as the screen he speaks from gives it away, even if it is distorted to try and hide it. They should have hid the baddies better.

What an all conquering era this is. And I may not even be at the best: In the past I described Talons as the best story ever made. So Inferno may actually have some competition!

EDIT oh yeah and I forgot D84: "Please do not throw hands at me", haha he should have become a companion lol