View Single Post
Old 18th July 2018, 10:42 PM
Seasoned Cultist

New York Ripper would pass by uncut, ss would other Shameless releases like House on the Edge of the Park. Whenever either of the two can pass by uncut, so will the other, as both have scenes cut which are incredibly similar.

I think the only problem scenes these days, at least in anything that's not A Serbian Film/Human Centipede 2, is the animal stuff. Practically every film from the Nasties age stands a decent chance of getting anything non-animal violence related passed I believe, even the Nazi-ploitation films. Gestapo's Last Orgy and Ilsa She Wolf of the SS, despite the subject matter, just can't be taken seriously these days. I haven't seen Beast in Heat or Love Camp 7 but I asked about them in the censorship thread and the consensus was that even they stood a fine chance of getting passed (which is great as Love Camp 7 got rejected in the early 2000's).

The one that'll interest me is I Spit on Your Grave. Its far from my favourite film but I've always taken an interest in it on account of how it used to really anger the censors. As of 2010 it got cut again (much reduced from 7 minutes to just under 3 minutes) but almost a decade on? Its not like it glorifies rape (as the BBFC claimed it has in past times, hence their reasoning for cutting it), if it did it would be a much smoother film. As it is, its rough, nasty, uncompromising and not nice to watch until she starts killing them all: Meir Zarchi set out to make a film to show exactly what women in those situations go through and it worked.

I'm going off topic though so to answer the original point: I would gladly buy NYR on Blu-ray if it got another (uncut) release, even if I own two copies of the 2012 Shameless release (I got the second one in a Shameless box set with two others I hadn't seen yet).

Last edited by Gothmogxx; 18th July 2018 at 11:03 PM.