View Single Post
Old 29th July 2018, 06:16 AM
Active Cultist

I watched season 1 of Agent Carter on Hulu the other day. The plot, dialogue, and writing in general feels like more of the same MCU/DC superhero content, which I've never been super fond of anyway. However, I really dig the aesthetic of the show at times. Specifically some of the colors used at various times. Like the diner that Carter goes to has a really nice pastel coloring that is pleasant to look at and is typically shot decently in there. The usage of color can be a positive of the show, but it isn't a particularly good show. Probably right around the 5/10 mark. I don't know if I will proceed with the second season or not just yet. I've been trying to make up my own list of the best superhero series of all-time; not because I am particularly interested in most of them, but because I wanted to start a project of some sort. I'm finding that I enjoy the shows that eschew that genre's conventions more than the shows that embrace it. I'm not sure I'll carry on with this project, as it can be tiresome devoting time to a project that isn't bearing the fruit you'd hoped for. I'll hold off until after I finish up 66 Batman and the rewatch Batman TAS.