View Single Post
Old 10th August 2018, 09:53 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Giant Spider (2013)

This is the most fun I've had watching a film in a long time. A perfect tribute to the "Creature Features" of the 1950's, The Giant Spider gets everything spot on. The music, zooms, angles and acting are all reminiscent of those awesome films.

It also has a fantastic sense of humour (although this is poking fun at these movies, quite the opposite really) and all the old tropes of that time period, such as the general with the gruff voice and the looooong screams of terror as the creature makes its kill. Also, there the drunk, who takes a swig of whiskey (or some other spirit), sees the giant spider, pours his drink out (in a paper bag, of course) and prays to God to save his life while swearing never to drink for the rest of his life.

If you're a fan of the "Creature Features" from back then, you'll lap this up and have the time of your life. If not, you may not enjoy it as much. For me, this was amost perfect l!