View Single Post
Old 11th September 2018, 09:08 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post

INCIDENT IN A GHOSTLAND – From the director of ‘Martyrs’. A mother and two kids relocate to a relative’s old, gothic house and are plunged into a nightmare when two freakos with a shared doll fetish gatecrash the show… not saying any more ‘cos it’ll spoil the slightly hackneyed ‘twist’ lurking round the corner that upends the narrative of the film’s first half. I was well up for IIAG, being a fan of ‘Martyrs’ and Laugier’s stuff in general, and of course whenever he puts anything out there’s a lot of murmuring about whether it’ll be a ‘return to form’, which is a bit unfair I think as everything gets pre-judged in a way. Inevitably, it doesn’t stun the way ‘Martyrs’ did and still does, but the horror is more concentrated, or maybe just more brutal, than in ‘The Tall Man’, his previous feature. Visually it’s strong, and from my point of view it doesn’t hurt that it’s crammed full of weird dolls – yes, what a sucker for cliché I am. As is Laugier, apparently, because I have to say that IIAG, stripped to the core, isn’t dissimilar to a lot of latter day genre product. It may wear its ‘art’ on its sleeve, but beneath the groovy phantasmagoria of the film’s overstuffed visuals it’s basically about two murderous dudes terrorising some kids. I liked it, and it works because Laugier has panache and flair, but I wouldn’t blame others for being less enthusiastic
Is this out on dvd, Mr. T?