View Single Post
Old 20th September 2018, 11:29 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Autopsy

A bizarre series of suicides, including a chap putting a bag over his head and jumping in the river and another blowing himself up in his car, is happening during a heatwave in Rome due to sun spots or whatever. but a medical pathologist(Mimsy farmer) thinks they could be murders and together with the help of a priest sets out to investigate.

Okay, this is one seriously odd film. it's supposed to be a giallo but it's nothing like the classic black glove maniac type wearing a trench coat. though it is quite a good mystery and fairly entertaining with strange imagery that is quite bizarre, especially with Mimsy farmer having visions of dead bodies in the morgue coming to life and having sex.
and then there's the weird art exhibition with pictures of real dead bodies in very unsual death scenes.

The cast do a fairly good job, but i'm not the biggest Mimsy farmer fan. She's not a bad actress but she has no appeal for me whatsoever, and is so cold and miserable compared to your Edwige Fenech and Barbara bouchets.
But Ray Lovelock who co stars as her boyfriend in the film always has a good presence and gives a good performance despite the dubbing.

Not to bad a film, and with nice music from Ennio Moricone. so i give this unusual giallo 74.5 out of 100.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grab1.jpg (23.9 KB, 3 views)