View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2018, 02:33 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Matrix View Post
Compared to his glory days output, it's pretty rubbish. I haven't seen The Foreigner, but New Police Story isn't good by any stretch of the imagination from what I remember.

I'll admit maybe I need to go watch some of the ones suggested but I'm basing this on Rush Hour, The Tuxedo, Shanghai Noon, The Medallio, The Karate Kid, The Spy Next Door etc

So I'll give Shinjuki Inicident and Dragon Blade a go. Any other decent ones?
I think what you have to remember is that Jackie's 64 years old now. There's no way you could expect him to perform action like he did when he was 30. He's had to adapt and become more of an actor like in the films i mentioned. The ones you are basing it on are all western based kids romps whereas Shinjuku Incident is one of the more brutal films he's been in, even in that he's not the Jackie of old he's Jackie the actor.

Another that came out after Rush Hour (just) is Who Am I? For the first hour it's not great but when they get to Rotterdam it's superb with one of the best stunts (the building descent) and the best fight sequences of Jackie's career.