View Single Post
Old 25th September 2018, 12:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Amazonia.

Catherine Miles(Elvire Audray) is a beautiful 18 year old who is up in court for double murder. and then it goes back as she tells the court the tale of how she visits her parents in the Amazon and they get killed and their heads chopped off by a bunch of native head hunters, with Catherine being taken prisoner and sold off to one of the chaps in the tribe.

I have to say that i enjoyed this later film in the cannibal cycle very much, eventhough it dosent really qualify as a cannibal film at all, despite some graphic head chopping and the odd tribal ritual. it's more of a adventure film with romance which borrows from a lot of other films like Emerald Forest, Romancing the Stone and Deep River Savages. but there is one obvious nod to Cannibal Holocaust as well with the score which is a total rip off.

And i liked Elvire Audray a lot who played Catherine and is very good in her role dressed as nature intended despite the awful voice she is dubbed with.

another great film from 88 Films that i am glad to add to my collection 80 out of 100.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 997651-42120-clp-950.jpg (82.8 KB, 5 views)