View Single Post
Old 27th September 2018, 11:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Its that time of the year again! 2011 and 2017 were the two years I successfully accomplished the challenge without missing a horror a day. I aim to do so again this year. Last year was a blast (I never knew this thread existed though as I would've posted my Gallifrey Base reviews on here as well. Still least I found it now).

So last year I tried to watch a combination of films I haven't seen before and ones I have seen. In 2011 as well as the individual films, I also did a sequel-a-thon, watching all the Halloween movies. I also went to see Jigsaw at the Cinema. So this year, I'm mixing both years past elements up a bit. One franchise, some new ones I haven't seen, some old ones and THREE cinema trips. Here is this years challenge (# next to the ones I haven't seen)

The Mummy
The Mummy’s Hand #
The Mummy’s Tomb #
The Mummy’s Ghost #
The Mummy’s Curse #
Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy #
Don’t Breathe #
The Last House on the Left (1972)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
Terror Train
REC
Re-Animator
Black Christmas (1976) #
Creep
Maggie #
A Bay of Blood
Scream
Evil Dead II: Dead By Dawn
A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
Dog Soldiers
Susperia #
The Thing (1982)
Tenebrae
Manhattan Baby #
Who Saw Her Die #
Rosemary’s Baby #
Pumpkinhead #
The Fog Remake # (I have been putting this off for 5 years deliberately, but the time has come)

And finally, I will be seeing the following at the cinema-

Halloween (1978)
Halloween (2018) #
Alien

I have some old classics in there that I enjoy (including 3 from last year: Terror Train, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Thing), a franchise (most of which I haven't seen: I was tempted to do the Halloween's again given the new one is upon us but (A) combined with The Mummy it takes up half of the list (B) I've already done that franchise (C) You only need to see the 1st one to see the new one and i'm watching both) some new films I haven't seen. A mix of the modern and the old, some Italian horror as well. Should be good.