View Single Post
Old 29th September 2018, 09:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Glad to see I wasn't the only one who found Solo a mess.

Really can't get away with Darth Maul being planted in there.Desperation,really.

I've watched the original films at the cinema since their first releases.Since I was six years old.I grew up with them,I collected the toys.My kids collected the toys and watched the films when the prequels were out.
There was mileage left in the concluding three chapters,but to kill off the main heroes,run VII as an almost carbon copy of IV,a let's face it,rather pathetic Darth Vader substitute and mirror image Empire/First Order....It shows distinctive lack of imagination.
I've read that Mark Hamill was horrified when he first learned of Luke's fate,and is it any wonder?
To turn a legend and hero into what VIII left him was a disgrace.
The tin lid was put on the whole shennanigans when the tragic passing of Carrie Fisher occured.
Now,for IX,to bring back Billy Dee Williams at his age as Lando,smacks of desperation.It's almost a case of '****,what have we done?' We've destroyed a universe of heroes,how do we claw it back?

Rey is the only one now who holds any interest.Poor Chewie is left to carry the can and was BB8 ever a replacement for R2D2?
In the words of Yoda.....Think this I do not.
I like BB8 while no R2 his not boring something that can't be said about Rey, dull boring and a terrible actress but that could be the script and not her.

Will we see Lando trying to have sex with the Falcons,computer! About the only interesting character is Kylo Ren,who was horrible in force awakens was redeemed in last jedi,