View Single Post
Old 30th September 2018, 02:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Black Sabbath.

An early anthology film from Mario bava with Boris karloff telling three stories. The first one is called The Drop of water, and is about a nurse who steals a ring off the finger of a dead old psychic witch's corpse. and she soon regrets her actions in this creepy tale with loads of atmos. And the corpse is seriously spooky looking as well.
The next story is The Telephone and is about a ex hooker getting weird phone calls. It looks good and stylish, but i have to say that i thought it was the weakest out the three. but not bad though.
But the best tale is The Wurdulak a old fashioned gothic tale about a chap(Boris Karloff) who has gone out to kill a vampire and his family are waiting for his return, and unless he's back in 5 days theyre not supposed to let him in incase he's a vampire. Really creepy story indeed with nice period detail and use of colour.

Pretty decent film overall and although i still think Dario argento is the best italian horror director, Mario bava certainly made some decent efforts as well. 86.5 out of 100.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blacksabbath6big.jpg (93.8 KB, 4 views)