View Single Post
Old 15th October 2018, 06:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The Mummy's Shroud.

A British group of acrchalogists go to Egypt to uncover a tomb of a Egyptian prince Kah To Bey, and end up being killed off by the Prince's mummified servant as punishment for desecrating his tomb.

I have to say that i havent really thought that any of Hammer's mummy films have come close to the first one with Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee. This one as well is a pale imitation.
It's certainly watchable enough but its too slow and lacks atmosphere and suspense. and the casting is a bit average as well with no major stars apart from Andre Morell who dosent have much screen time anyway. Michael Ripper isn't too bad though and gets a bit more of a role than usual as a bumbling baffoon.
and then there's the mummy. whilst Christopher Lee's mummy looked menacing and creepy, this one looks laughable as if he's wearing pyjamas and a bit of bog roll.

Not one of Hammer's finiest hours but i'm still happy to have it in my collection. 68 out of 100.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mummys-Shroud-8.jpg (53.7 KB, 2 views)