View Single Post
Old 16th October 2018, 11:32 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I recently watched the first seasons of The Strain. I'd seen the first two before but wanted to watch them so I knew all the character and plot developments before watching the third. It's a shame the show seems to be generally underappreciated by audiences and studios, making it almost impossible to buy the fourth season in high definition.

Fancying a bit of a change and to catch up on something I had watched but (again) hadn't seemed the most recent couple of seasons of BoJack Horseman. The fourth season is occasionally confusing and seems to favour pathos over laugh out loud comedy but that doesn't mean it isn't funny, just that it's more drama-oriented and culminates in a really moving final episode. The fifth season is brilliant and much funnier, building on what happened before to create something which is a funny social commentary and political satire.

I'm currently a bit behind the times and catching up on things many people watched when they were aired so, using iPlayer, am four episodes through Bodyguard, an extremely well written and directed show which I've really enjoyed so far and will finish watching this evening.