View Single Post
Old 16th October 2018, 02:19 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default October 14th

The Curse of Frankenstein (1957)

I too watched this again on Sunday night. Paul Zombie has written about it above so i won't repeat anything.

I also watched a couple of the extra features on the Icon dual format release. It's a hell of a package if you don't have it.

There's a ten minute doc called Life with Peter where a lady who was his friend during his last days reminisces about him. I found it incredibly touching and very sad. There was no way i could go to bed following that so i opted to watch the pilot for Tales of Frankenstein instead.

Tales of Frankenstein was a television series commissioned by Columbia Pictures in America from Hammer. However it never got beyond a pilot. It was overall quite interesting if not exactly essential viewing.

Anton Diffring played Frankenstein and his performance is very similar to the one in The Man Who Could Cheat Death. The sets look quite impressive and Gothic but the actual story is slight and the monster appeared to be a cross between Hammer and Universal.

The disc also features an extra film in 1953's Four Sided Triangle and a World of Hammer episode titled The Curse of Frankenstein which bizarrely features Four Sided Triangle which is not a Frankenstein film yet completely omits Evil of Frankenstein.

A great film and a fantastic package.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 71u4zVSTn1L._SL1162_.jpg (96.7 KB, 3 views)