View Single Post
Old 18th October 2018, 05:44 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The Devonsville Terror.

In 1683 three young women are sentenced to death for witchcraft in Devonsville New england. moving on 300 years the ancesters of the puritans still live in fear of the witches curse, including the local doctor Donald plesance who has been cursed by a disease of maggots. the fears of the town then further increase when 3 women outsiders show up and they think that they are reincarnations of the witches.

I quite like this film from Bogey Man director Ulli Lommel. i remember first seeing it on Vhs on the VTC label back in the 80's and remember liking it back then. and It still entertained me again when i recently bought the 88 Films blu-ray.
I love films about witches and eventhough this isn't perfect it still has a nice spooky vibe going in throughout it's 80 or so minutes.
The witches deaths at the beginning of the film are very well done as well and include a woman being tied to a wheel, set on fire, and rolled down a hill. one cool death i must say.

Actress Suzanna Love also returns from the Bogey Man, but why does she have a ginger mullet? so unflattering.

one scene i did find amusing in the film is when a creepy guy in the town takes a shine to Suzanna and attempts to woo her by taking herbal tea around to her house and then doing a turn on the violin. her facial expression just says it all.

not a bad effort at all. and i hope that 88 Films can put out Ulli lommels Brainwaves next. another one that i havent seen since the days of Vhs.
78 out of 100. I would have given it 80 but deducted marks for Suzanna's terrible hair.