Old 22nd October 2018, 01:30 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
DW ratings dropping like a stone.

Doctor Who Series 11 (2018) UK Ratings Accumulator UPDATED – Doctor Who TV

i was just thinking in terms of modern TV drama DW is now a bit of an anomaly in terms of doing single 45-50 minute individual episodes (albeit with a season long arc). i think a better future would be to have a season long story where we can get to know the characters and give the writers a better chance to come up with a strong central premise that can be developed at a better pace. i think this would also be a better way of sustaining a loyal week to week audience.
It looks that way doesn't it.

However what that news item doesn't say is that every other tv show on Sunday night also fell short of the previous weeks overnights.

The juggernaut that is Strictly had 8.65m. Down from 9.2m last week.

The X-Factor had 4.02m. Down from 5.1m.

The Chase had 3.27m viewers. Down from 4.8m last week.

Interestingly Channel 4 had live F1 which peaked at 5.5m so it's suspected a lot of viewers went there.

Although the ratings are down on the previous two weeks, they still make Doctor Who the fifth most-watched programme of the week, behind two episodes of Strictly Come Dancing, Monday's episode of Coronation Street and the Channel 4 show The Great British Bake Off, which had 6.42 million watching.

When the final figures are announced next Monday it will end up second for the week no doubt.