View Single Post
Old 25th November 2018, 01:32 PM
Cultist

I do miss the Bey commentaries and thought it was a bit shite that they didn't put them on the Eureka releases. Hadn't realised 88 Films had cut their ties with him as well.

Wish people could seperate the person from the art. Bey might be a prick but his commentaries on martial arts films are superb. Anyone who watched his input on the HKL releases would have clocked his creepy as fu*k behaviour anytime Maggie Q was mentioned anyway lol But think of how many actors, musicians, authors you like who are totally reprehensible people. I always though he came across as a bit tragic anyway, like thinking he was best pals wi Donnie Yen. Like Donnie would be in a bar and he'd see Bey come crawling up and be thinking awe fu*k no this clown again.

But my original post was more about hoping for more interviews on the 88 Films releases with the actors from the 70s and 80s Shaw Brothers films. The thing that made HKL one of the greatest labels ever in my opinion was that they gave you interviews with folk you thought you would never see; Fung Hak On, Mars, Lau Kar Wing, Leung Kar Yan, Billy Chow, Chin Kar Lok, John Cheung, Lee Hoi San, Dick Wei etc I would love to see 88 Films getting some interviews with some of the Shaw Brothers folk.

Not interested in someone talking for 10 minutes or a booklet that's 75% made up of someone just listing films and dates. Interviews with Lo Meng, Lu Feng, Philip Kwok, Chen Kuan Tai etc or don't bother

Last edited by John Matrix; 26th November 2018 at 07:15 PM.