3)Ninja 3.
4)Pray For Death.
5)American Ninja.
6)The Octagon.
7)You Only Live Twice.
8)Rage of Honour.
9)Nine Deaths of The Ninja.
10)Shogun Assasin.
Excellent list, Paul. There are quite a few I haven't seen or have only seen once, so it's good to have an idea of which of the ones I only know by title I should make an effort to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Top er' Seven Ninja Films.

The Last Samurai (2003)*
You Only Live Twice (1967)
The Wolverine (2013)
DOA: Dead or Alive (2005)
American Ninja (1985)
G.I Joe:The Rise of Cobra (2009)
G.I Joe:Retaliation (2013)

Sorry i can't do any better, Ninja films aren't really my thing and i've never seen any of the Kurosawa films either.

On the plus side i've always liked DOA and the GI Joe films so this gives me a chance to actually get them into a TTT list. My number one pick is, i think, a genuinely excellent film.
As I said a couple of weeks ago, it is funny how different people's taste is because the first GI Joe film is one of the few I have completely given up on and turned off well before the credits have rolled, so the sequel has completely passed me by as well. I haven't seen DOA: Dead or Alive, but a quick look at the cast list and basic plot has piqued my interest!

There were many things I admired about The Last Samurai, from the cinematography to the score and Ken Watanabe's performance, but it's a film where I felt Tom Cruse (an actor who is often maligned but one who I think is very talented and watchable) was overshadowed by the supporting cast and appeared to be trying to hard. All that said, I haven't seen it since it was first released and I rented it from Lovefilm, so it could be an outdated opinion.

I'm a huge fan of Kurosawa's films and have seen The Seven Samurai, Yojimbo and Sanjuro many times. I would recommend them, but from what I think I know about your taste in films I'm guessing you wouldn't consider watching them time or money for spent.