View Single Post
Old 11th December 2018, 05:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Series 11 has been full of non-threatening villains/"monsters" and writing which has hurt Jodie's portrayal of the Doctor. She's a great actress who hasn't had a fair chance, she deserves better...

What we need is Jodie on her own squaring off with an old foe. Have confidence in her. Lets see her gravitas. Currently with the way things are Davros (played by any actor but especially Wisher) would dominate her.

She just talks and talks and talks but its all nonsense. Woman Who Feel to Earth gave a false start: when she made that leap across the crane or whatever it was I thought "yes, its an average Story to start with like Castrovalva (sorry guys) she seems to be getting involved in decent life-endangering action to save people". All ruined of course by the subsequent Stories with only It Takes You Away giving Jodie a decent opportunity to work.

But I have little faith in Chibnall. I am not taking the p$%$ here when I say that I and all of the regular contributors to this thread could probably write, say, a decent Dalek Story and make Jodie a better character. It may not be up there with Genesis but it'd certainly be better than practically anything from the last Series: and that's because we UNDERSTAND the character of the Doctor and how the show works.