View Single Post
Old 11th December 2018, 11:01 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Some nice finds, nos.

Spawn is great, Hutson is like the British Richard Laymon to me. Pacy and very sick.

I used to have The Mummy. It was a long time ago. I think i gave up on it. Got several Anne Rice novels and i really don't know if i like her or not.

I don't think i've ever read Salem's Lot or Firestarter. Different Seasons is good though.
I've read some Shaun Hutson in the past, Relics, Erebus and Assassin i think and quite enjoyed those.

I've only read "Interview with the vampire" by Rice, read it just before the film came out, it was ok but i wasn't impressed enough to read anymore.
I like the cover of this one and don't think i've ever read a Mummy novel so thought it might be worth a punt.

I prefer Stephen King's early stuff (i guess a lot of it is nostalgia as his early stuff were some of the first "Adult" horror books i read, around the age of about 10 or 11 when i started i think.)
I think "It" killed him for me, i liked the book but it was too long, i finished it but it became a chore by the end.

For instance i saw a copy of Tommyknockers the other day (which i have read) but it wasn't a favourite so i didn't bother to pick it up, i'm not sure if i'm gonna get Needful things either.

I'm still after The Shining, Night Shift, Christine, Cujo and The Dead zone if i find them with the covers i want.
Also got a few James Herbert books as well so am looking out for some of his too.

I'm not a massive reader at the moment so smaller books are better for me.
I prefer books to be around 200 pages ideally, 400 is doable, anything more and it's unlikely i'm gonna finish it.

Salem's Lot is King's variation on Dracula, i remember it being very good and Firestarter i enjoyed back in the day.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.