View Single Post
Old 24th January 2019, 10:58 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I've had a fantastic run of films these past few days, starting with Goosebumps 2, not as good as the first film, it felt more like a children's film (which it is) and less of a children's horror film (which the first one did). It was also a tad less original, still good fun though!

Next up was William Castle's brilliant Homicidal, I'm ashamed to say I did NOT see that twist panning out the way that it did but it was so obvious in hindsight I absolutely loved it and so far is the best Castle film that I've seen, just got Mr. Sardonicus left in the first box set then I can go onto vol. 2!

Lone Wolf and Cub has been sat on my shelf since the day I bought it, I've never seen any of them, but I have seen Shogun Assassin (which I love). I was looking for something short and easy to watch the other day and thought yes, this is the ticket. These films are a revelation! They're played straight yet still have a very stylised and comic book look (they're based on a famous manga series after all). Some scenes were so suspensful I was on the edge of my seat until they played through! Fantastic! I hope that the last 3 keep the momentum going, I am half expecting a dip in quality, but I hope that I'm wrong.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky