View Single Post
Old 30th January 2019, 05:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

The Inheritors (1983)

To watch the English language trailer from America, you'd be forgiven in thinking that this is an action exploitation movie about neo-nazis. What you get in fact is an Alan Clarke-esque drama about a young boy with a disfunctional family life who is drawn into the camaraderie and fellowship offered by the youth group off-shoot of a local up and coming right wing nationalist party looking to get elected into parliament. He gets the family and friends he can't get at home or school and being young and impressionable (i guess) he gets sucked right in. I don't entirely blame him, his mum is a tyrant and clearly doesn't like him, and none of his school peers have any time for him, even before he was on TV telling everyone he believes that Austria should be rid of all foreign influence.

Overall it's very well made film and generally well acted, until it comes to the fight scenes which are a little bit pantomine and lack any feeling of danger or even violence!

I was looking up the lead actor after I watched the film and I was very saddened to find out he died at age 24 in the Yugoslav war (1991) from a missile strike!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky