View Single Post
Old 30th March 2019, 09:32 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Wolcott – a blind buy from the Network sale last year's 1981 four part TV crime drama about the titular detective (full name Winston Churchill Wolcott) who has to endure horrendous racial abuse, both on the streets and from his colleagues, as he investigates a murder and covers corruption on the force.

I really didn't know what to expect from this because I didn't read the synopsis; I found it to be a very good miniseries which I would like to have been longer or even with another series.

Recommended for those who like TV dramas – it's well worth picking up if it's reduced in another Network sale or available second hand somewhere.

South Park Season 21 – a show which has evolved over the decades it's been running from a crude comedy to more of a satirical documentary. The way Trey Parker and Matt Stone use analogy and metaphor to put a different spin on such issues and topics of unemployment and working class anger, the growing influence of smart technology, Netflix and the growth of the superhero film franchise, psychological abuse in relationships, increasing opioid abuse, and the Trump presidency is incredibly impressive and often very funny.