View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2019, 05:07 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Oh man. Took me ages to book a ticket for AVENGERS ENDGAME on the Cineworld website. Site was slow and kept crashing. Lost count how many times I had to log in and pick a seat. I even got to the payment part and it crashes with a server error. Site traffic must be really heavy. Midnight show sold out already.
Anyway, I'm all booked in at last but what a nightmare.
You're not alone!

The following appeared in the Portsmouth Evening News. [I have pasted it because it's probably hidden behind a pay-wall thing]

"Portsmouth movie fans facing hour plus wait to book Avengers: Endgame tickets online for Vue in Gunwharf Quays

TICKETS for the Avengers: Endgame have gone on sale and cinema fans are facing lengthy online queues if they want to book them.

The main cinema in Portsmouth city centre is Vue at Gunwharf Quays and due to the overwhelming demand its website is warning it will take over an hour to book tickets.

Avengers: Endgame, the sequel to 2018’s Infinity War, comes out on Thursday, April 25.

Fans have eagerly waited a year to find out the conclusion to the previous film’s blockbuster cliff-hanger which ended with half the life in the universe being wiped out.

Tickets became available today and cinema websites have been struggling to cope with the influx in demand

On the Vue website customers are faced with a message that reads: ‘We are currently using a virtual queue as a result of exceptional demand.

‘Your queue time is displayed below. Thank you for your patience.

‘Expected arrival time on the website: more than an hour

While any customers attempting to book tickets for showings at the Odeon cinema in Port Solent are greeted with a ‘Error 503 Service Unavailable’ message on the website."

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/pe...5vreiC_BW7vejs

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty