View Single Post
Old 6th April 2019, 12:24 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

curse-of-the-crimson-altar-poster.jpg

In search of his missing brother Robert Manning shows up at the last place he knows that Peter was seen a big country manner owned by the Morley family. Inside he meets the overly welcoming and friendly owners who deny any knowledge of Peter ever staying at the manor but Robert is not convinced and starts to search for clues of his brothers presence past or present in the house. Plagued by nightmares every night he stays at the manor is there a link between this dreams and the whereabouts of Peter or has the stress of the situation finally gotten on top of Robert.

Curse of the crimson altar boast some of the heavyweights of horror with Christopher Lee Boris Karloff and the ever beautiful Barbra Steele. Both Lee and Karloff have a great presence on screen as always but I couldnt help thinking I would of rathered Barbra Steel had a bigger more involving part plus she is green on the film . There is a great use of Colour lighting and imagery especially in the nightmare scense with goats dondage people wearing animal masks all of which gave me a real feeling of The Wicker Man.

Overall it was an entertaining watch but I did feel the ending was a little but rushed something just didn't sit right with me.

7/10