View Single Post
Old 10th April 2019, 05:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
The length now of most of these big movies is usually about 2hrs 20mins.
The Lord Of The Rings/Hobbit movies were 3hrs.
The last film I took my mum to was The Hobbit. She was busting for the loo and nearly had to miss the end. I think a lot of people made a quick exit for the same reason. One of the Captain America films, my son had one of those huge coke drinks and that was the same, he could not wait for the credits to roll. If these movies are going to run for so long, I don't think a 10/15min break would hurt. There is always people getting up and going out in these films but if they knew there was an intermission coming they would most likely wait and not miss any of the film or disturb other people especially if the screen is packed out.
Exactly how times changed , double bill or a small few cartoons or features of some sort before the film, intermission etc , now its all about getting as many showing as possible in one day and in out quick as possible with a short turn around for the next showing . tbh I actually quite like long films but prefer lotr over the hobbits just couldn't quite get into them as much , but a lot more long films out there than you think, I went pics to see films like pulp fiction .

Last edited by gag; 10th April 2019 at 06:20 PM.