View Single Post
Old 17th April 2019, 06:59 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
The Sea Devils – Episode 1
(Trenchard leads the way along a corridor to the cell and enters. The Master is now working out on a rowing machine.)
Trenchard: Visitors for you.
The Master: Why, Doctor! And Miss Grant! What a very pleasant surprise.
The Doctor: Yes, well, how are you?
The Master: Well, as you see, very well. Trying to keep fit.
Trenchard: Yes, well, I'll leave you all together. Give the guard a shout when you want to leave.
The Doctor: Thank you, Colonel.
(Trenchard leaves.)
The Master: He's quite a decent sort, really. Used to be the Governor of a colony once, so he tells me.
The Doctor: Very small colony, wasn't it? In fact, I believe they claimed independence soon after he arrived.
Jo: He seems to be looking after you very well.
The Master: Oh, yes, I've got everything I want, except, of course, my freedom.
The Doctor: You can consider yourself lucky. Quite a few people were in favour of having you executed.
The Master: My dear Doctor, don't think I'm not grateful. I've had a chance to think about things while I've been in here.
The Doctor: Have you now?
The Master: I wish that something like this had happened a long time ago.
Jo: Surely you don't like being locked up?
The Master: No, but, it's given me a chance to reconsider my life.
The Doctor: Am I to take it that you're a changed man?
The Sea Devils – Episode 2
Jo: Those things that attacked us. You said you'd seen something like it before.
The Doctor: Something very similar, certainly. They emerged from some caves in Derbyshire.
Jo: The Silurians, wasn't it? The Brigadier was telling me.
The Doctor: That's a complete misnomer. The chap who discovered them must have got the period wrong. No, properly speaking, they should have been called the Eocenes.
The Sea Devils – Episode 3
Trenchard: What's going on here?
(The Doctor looks round as the knife thuds into the bathroom door frame.)
The Master: I was defending myself. This man came here to kill me.
Trenchard: Be so good as to explain yourself, Doctor.
The Doctor: Only a complete fool would listen to such an accusation. Though I suppose in your case.
Trenchard: Don't speak to me like that. I shall have a full enquiry into the whole thing. Meanwhile, consider yourself under arrest. Take him to my office immediately.
The Doctor: Oh, don't be absurd, man.
Trenchard: You heard me. Take him away. (A guard keeps the Doctor covered with his pistol as he throws down the foils and walks across the cell.)
The Doctor: If you must continue with this ridiculous charade. Only take care not to lose him this time, won't you?
(The Doctor and the guard leave.)
The Sea Devils – Episode 4
Trenchard: What is it?
The Master: One of the creatures that have been destroying the ships.
Trenchard: You told me it was enemy agents. Why didn't you tell me the truth?
The Master: If I had, would you have believed me?
(On the beach, the guards are staring at the reptile.)
The Doctor: There's only one thing for it. We'll have to go through the minefield.
(The reptile uses its weapon and kills one guard, then another. A gunfight starts. The Doctor throws himself across the first roll of barbed wire to flatten it and let Jo across, then the second and into the minefield proper.)
Jo: We'll get blown up.
The Doctor: No, don't worry.
Jo: What are you doing?
The Doctor: My sonic screwdriver. It converts into rather a good mine detector. (The screwdriver pings like sonar. This attracts the reptile who has now killed all the guards.) Look out. Look, there's one over there. Now, you'll have to move round to the right. Now follow me.
The Master: Stupid beast. Why doesn't it attack them?
(The Master alters the amplitude of the transmission and the reptile heads for the minefield. The Doctor and Jo reach an area where an unwary seagull has previously set a mine off.)
Jo: Doctor, it's following us! (The reptile comes through the gaps made by the Doctor.) Doctor!
The Doctor: Relax, Jo, relax. (The Doctor adjustments the screwdriver and aims it back towards the reptile. A nearby mine goes Bang! then another and another. It takes a fourth and fifth to sent it screaming back to the waves. The Doctor retunes again.) Right, follow me.
The Sea Devils – Episode 5
Sea Devil: This is our planet. My people ruled the Earth when man was only an ape.
(The Doctor is out of the bell.)
The Doctor: Your people went into hibernation and abandoned Earth to its fate.
Sea Devil: Our astronomers predicted that a great catastrophe would end all life on the face of the Earth.
The Doctor: Yes, but the catastrophe that you predicted never happened. And the apes that you left behind on the surface to die became man.
Sea Devil: You know our history?
The Doctor: Yes. Yes, I've encountered your people before. That is why I want to prevent a conflict that can only end in your destruction.
Sea Devil: We shall destroy man and reclaim the planet. Already we have begun to sink his ships.
The Doctor: Yes, and already more ships are being sent to hunt you down.
Sea Devil: The submarine? We have captured it.
The Doctor: You may win a few victories to begin with but eventually you're bound to lose.
Sea Devil: There are many thousands of our people in hibernation in this base. We have other colonies hidden all round the world. We shall be the victors in the war against mankind.
The Doctor: But there's no need for a war. Why can't you share the planet?
Sea Devil: That would be impossible.
The Doctor: The depths of the sea and those areas on Earth where man cannot live can be yours.
Sea Devil: And man would agree to that?
The Doctor: There's a chance. Wouldn't it be better to try for a peace, than to launch yourself into a war that you cannot possibly win?
Sea Devil: I will consider what you have said.
The Doctor: Let me return to the humans, and I will endeavour to make a peace for you.
Sea Devil: Perhaps it would be possible.
The Master: No! The Doctor is your deadly enemy! He must be destroyed!
The Sea Devils – Episode 6
The Master: Once they see that the device works properly, they'll release me.
The Doctor: I very much doubt it. You see, before you reactivated it, I reversed the polarity of the neutron flow.
The Master: You did what? You realise what will happen?
The Doctor: Oh, yes. Do you?
The Master: Well, there'll be a massive reverse feedback into their whole power system.
The Doctor: Exactly. In about ten minutes from now the whole place should go up. Enjoy your revenge.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty