View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2019, 05:16 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
Planet Of The Daleks – Episode 1
(Jo tries to hide as someone approaches the ship. It is a blond man in a spacesuit with a weapon. He easily finds Jo and brings her into the main compartment. There is a younger man with him.)
Jo: Who are you?
Taron: My name is Taron. This is Vaber.
Jo: I'm Jo Grant. Do you live here? I mean do you live on this planet?
Taron: What are you? Where are you from?
Jo: Well, I'm from a planet called Earth.
Vaber: Earth?
Jo: You've heard of it?*
Taron: We've heard of the name.
Vaber: There is no such place as Earth. It's just a name in our old legends. It doesn't really exist.
Jo: Believe me, it does!
Planet Of The Daleks – Episode 2
The Doctor: A tiny motor with an electric power source. That's it. Yes. Yes, I'll dismantle the circuitry, reverse the polarity and convert to a low power receiver transmitter with a positive feedback.
Codal: That's right. The Dalek's guidance system functions by means of high frequency radio impulses.
The Doctor: Correct, and if we can jam them
Codal: It should give them quite a headache.
The Doctor: It should give them quite a brainstorm. Give me your screwdriver.
Planet Of The Daleks – Episode 3
The Doctor: Oh, well, that's it. That's the best that I can do. There's only one thing we need now.
Codal: What's that?
The Doctor: A Dalek to try it out on.
Planet Of The Daleks – Episode 4
Dalek: The bacteria are multiplying.
Dalek 2: We have calculated that after the release of the culture into the atmosphere, it will totally contaminate the planet within the space of one Spiridon day.
Dalek: All plant life will wither and die.
Dalek 2: All unimmunised animal life will die within one hour of inhaling the contaminated air.
Leader: Approved. Continue with preparations.
Dalek: The most virulent form of the bacteria will be ready for release in half a Spiridon day.
Planet Of The Daleks – Episode 5
Jo: Penny for them?
The Doctor: Oh, I was just thinking about Vaber. What on Earth possessed him to go rushing off like that?
Rebec: Once we'd worked out the plan, he wanted to attack straight away.
The Doctor: Plan, what plan?
Rebec: To blow up the refrigeration unit.
The Doctor: What? But that's the worse thing he could possibly do.
Rebec: But Codal said if we destroyed the refrigeration unit, we'd be destroying the Daleks.
The Doctor: On the contrary, you'd be bringing their army to life.
Planet Of The Daleks – Episode 6
Taron: Doctor, we'd never have succeeded without all your help. I wish there was some way of thanking you.
The Dctor: As a matter of fact, there is.
Rebec: Yes, Doctor?
The Dctor: Throughout history you Thals have always been known as one of the most peace loving peoples in the galaxy.
Taron: I hope we always will be.
The Dctor: Yes, well that's what I mean. When you get back to Skaro, you'll all be national heroes. Everybody will want to hear about your adventures.
Taron: Of course.
The Dctor: So be careful how you tell that story, will you? Don't glamorize it. Don't make war sound like an exciting and thrilling game.
Taron: I understand.
The Dctor: Tell them about the members of your mission that will not be returning, like Maro and Vaber and Marat. Tell them about the fear. Otherwise your people might relish the idea of war. We don't want that.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty