View Single Post
Old 26th April 2019, 05:34 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
Invasion Of The Dinosaurs – Episode 1
Duffy: Right, on your feet! Prisoners, forward. Prisoners numbers one seven double seven eight oh, one seven double seven eight one and one seven double seven eight two, sir.
The Doctor: We do have names, you know.
Shears: Just these three, Sergeant?
Duffy: Yes, sir.
Shears: All right, let's get on with it. I have to be back at HQ in ten minutes time. Evidence?
Duffy: Seven eight oh, Lodge, sir. Caught in possession of two tape recorders, one radio and a colour television set.
Shears: Anything to say?
Lodge: Well, yes. I, er, found the stuff, see. I was going to hand it in.
Shears: You've been found guilty of looting. Under the authority vested in me by the Emergency Powers Act, I'm issuing an order that you be held in a military detention centre for the duration of the emergency. You'll be handed over to the civil authorities for trial and sentence when time permits. Next!
Duffy: Seven eight one and seven eight two were caught together, sir, in possession of furs, jewels and stolen money.
Shears: Were they now?
Duffy: Yes, sir.
Shears: Anything to say?
Sarah: We found those things after someone else had stolen them.
Shears: And you were going hand them in?
Sarah: Yes.
Shears: Very original. You've been found guilty of looting.
The Doctor: Now just one moment.
Duffy: Hey, keep quiet.
Shears: Well, what is it?
The Doctor: Sir, I am the scientific advisor to UNIT, and I demand to be put in immediate touch with Brigadier Lethbridge Stewart.
Shears: I suppose he's an old friend of yours?
The Doctor: Yes, as a matter of fact he is.
Shears: How very interesting. You've been found guilty of looting. Under the authority vested in me by the Emergency Powers Act, I'm issuing an order that you'll be held in a military detention centre for the duration of the emergency. You will be handed over to the civil authorities for trial and sentence when time permits. Put them on the next transport for detention centre, will you?
Duffy: Sir.
Shears: I must be off.
Duffy: Attention!
Shears: Carry on, Sergeant.
(Shears leaves.)
Duffy: Right, back over there.
Lodge: See? I told you. Stuck in a detention camp for months. In prison.
Sarah: What are we going to do, Doctor? Nobody will listen to us.
The Doctor: (sotto) Tell me, my friend. What was that idea that you had about escaping?
Lodge: (sotto) Well, there's three of us. We could jump him.
The Doctor: (sotto) Oh, I think we can be a bit more original than that, can't we?
Lodge: (sotto) So what do we do, then?
The Doctor: (sotto) We have a fight.
Lodge: Eh?
The Doctor: You're the nark, aren't ya? It was you wot grassed on us!
Lodge: I never grassed in my life!
The Doctor: Yes, you did. Come on! On your feet! Come on, up!
Lodge: All right then, you great dressed up twit, you asked for it!
(The Doctor blocks the punch.)
The Doctor: (sotto) Steady.
(They exchange blows then Lodge starts to throttle the Doctor.)
Sarah: Guard, stop them! You have to stop them!
Soldier: Break it up! Break it up!
(The Doctor grabs the soldier with a nerve pinch to the back of the neck, and he collapses. Lodge takes his weapon.)
Lodge: What did you do?
The Doctor: Never mind that now. Come on, let's get out of here.
Invasion Of The Dinosaurs – Episode 2
(The Doctor is trying to pick Sarah's handcuffs with a small screwdriver.)
Sarah: Ow!
The Doctor: Sorry. (He finally succeeds.) There we are. Right, now let's review the situation. A prehistoric monster's turned up in central London.
Sarah: Well, how how do you know it's only central London?
The Doctor: Because those soldiers were talking about the central zone, weren't they.
Sarah: But where did that monster come from?
The Doctor: That's a very good question, Sarah.
Sarah: Suppose suppose there was an egg, buried in the ground somewhere, and somehow or other it hatched out?
The Doctor: What, producing a sweet little baby monster?
Sarah: Yes. Ah. No. No, how would it grow to that size without anyone noticing.
The Doctor: Perhaps somebody kept it as a pet and turned it out when it got too big to feed.
Sarah: Oh.
The Doctor: Anyway, aren't you forgetting that pterodactyl that attacked us in the warehouse?
Sarah: I suppose you've got the explanation, then.
The Doctor: Yes, as a matter of fact, I think I have. (A man runs for the door.) Hello? Who are you?
Peasant: Back! Back, accursed wizard!
The Doctor: Wizard? I'm no wizard, I assure you. You've got no need to be frightened of me.
(The man produces a knife.)
Sarah: Doctor, be careful.
The Doctor: How did you get here?
Peasant: The witch. She's cast a spell on me. I'll tell the priest and have her burned!
The Doctor: Yes, yes, of course. Look, do you know what year it is?
Sarah: What's the name of the King?
Peasant: Well, Richard, of course. But he's in the Holy Land. John rules now. Look, take the curse off me, wizard. Send me home.
The Doctor: I only wish I could.
Peasant: Send me home. Send me home or you die!
The Doctor: I'm afraid I don't have that power.
(The man lunges at the Doctor. Sarah grabs him from behind, then a sound fills the workshop and she lets the man go. He moves back to near the door and disappears.)
Sarah: What happened? He was going to kill you.
The Doctor: Fascinating. Absolutely fascinating. That was a time eddy. For a moment there, time went backwards.
(A vehicle pulls up outside.)
Sarah: Doctor. (Sarah looks out through the doorway.) Soldiers. they're searching. They're coming nearer!
The Doctor: Can you bolt that door?
Sarah: No!
The Doctor: Hide. (They stand either side of the door. It opens, and the Doctor is about to give the person entering a karate chop when he sees who it is.) Hai! Brigadier.
The Brigadier: What do you think you're doing, Doctor?
Invasion Of The Dinosaurs – Episode 3
(The Doctor checks that T Rex is secure in its chains in the main hangar, and surrounded by detectors.)
The Brigadier: All set up then, Doctor?
The Doctor: Yes, I think so. Mind you, that creature isn't what I wanted at all. What I really wanted was a brontosaurus.
The Brigadier: What's the difference?
The Doctor: The difference, Brigadier, is that the brontosaurus is a placid vegetarian, whereas the Tyrannosaurus is the largest and fiercest flesh eater ever known on your planet.
Invasion Of The Dinosaurs – Episode 4
Sarah: Don't you think that people have a right to choose what kind of life they want?
Ruth: People on Earth were allowed to choose. And see what kind of a world they made. Moral degradation, permissiveness, usury, cheating, lying, cruelty.
Sarah: There's also a lot of love and kindness and honesty. You've got a warped view of things.
Ruth: You mustn't say such things.
Sarah: I'll say whatever I like.
Mark: The strain of reawakening must have disturbed her mind.
Sarah: There's nothing wrong with my mind.
Adam: I was assured that everyone had been most carefully selected. I don't think you're going to be happy with us. If you feel like this, why did you join us?
Sarah: I didn't join you. I was brought here against my will.
Ruth: We shall have to do something about this. She'll be a disruptive influence.
Adam: I think you'd better come with me.
Sarah: Where to?
Ruth: You can't be allowed to go about saying these things. You'll have to be re-educated
Invasion Of The Dinosaurs – Episode 5
Sarah: Now will you believe me?
Mark: There must be some explanation.
Sarah: Mark, where is this planet we're heading for?
Mark: In another solar system close to Earth.
Sarah: The nearest possible solar system to us is four light years away. With the most advanced spaceships developed, it would take hundreds of years to reach there.
Mark: One of our members invented a new space drive.
Sarah: Do you see that bruise? I got that just before I was kidnapped and brought here. Now if I'd been here three months, it would have gone.
Mark: You were in suspended animation.
Sarah: Oh, Mark! I've only been here a matter of hours. All right. All right, if we're in space, how did I get here?
Mark: You must have been transferred from one of the other ships.
Sarah: There aren't any other ships. All this is a fake! We're not on a spaceship at all.
Mark: Oh, that is ridiculous!
Sarah: I'll prove it to you. I'm going out through that airlock!
Mark: That opens directly out into space. You'll be killed.
Sarah: No, I won't, because the whole set up is a fake. Now go out there and watch.
Invasion Of The Dinosaurs – Episode 6
Whitaker: Everything's ready.
Grover: General Finch should be here.
Whitaker: I hope you don't propose to wait. The timing is crucial.
Grover: He must be somewhere in the area. So long as he's in the protective field, he'll be all right.
Adam: Stop! We shall have no part in this.
(The people from the spaceship enter. Mark grabs Whitaker before he can pull a lever.)
Ruth: You've cheated us.
Grover: My friends, listen to me. I have not cheated you. Let Professor Whitaker pull that lever and you shall have the golden age that I promised you.
Adam: You're going to destroy all the civilisations of man. Leaving Earth for another planet, that was one thing, but this is evil!
Grover: Civilisation has already destroyed man. It's time to make a fresh start. If we take the Earth back in time, we can guide man onto a better path.
(The Doctor enters.)
Sarah: Oh, Doctor!
Grover: Congratulations, Doctor. You're just in time to be present at the most important moment in the world's history.
The Doctor: On the contrary, I'm just in time to prevent an atrocity.
(The Brigadier and Benton enter with a couple of soldiers.)
The Brigadier: Don't move, any of you! Benton.
(Whitaker throws off Mark and pulls a lever. A fierce time eddy fills the room, freezing everyone. Only the Doctor is unaffected, who pushes against the effect to put the lever back where it was. Then the Doctor goes to another panel and flicks some switches. Grover dives for the lever again.)
Whitaker: No! He's reversed the polarity!
(Whitaker and Grover fight over the lever.)
The Doctor: Keep back!
(Grover pulls the lever down again, and he and Whitaker and the console disappear.)
Sarah: Well, where've they gone?
The Doctor: Back to their golden age. And I hope they like it.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty