View Single Post
Old 29th April 2019, 05:32 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
Planet Of The Spiders – Episode 1
Clegg: I'm sorry. I, I saw, well, just fantasies.
The Brigadier: Don't worry, Professor. You're doing very well.
The Doctor: Indeed you are, Professor. Indeed you are. (The Doctor takes back his screwdriver.) Now, er, do you feel up to bending the odd fork?
(Benton enters with a package.)
Benton: Doctor, I. Ah, doing a bit of hairdressing on the side, eh?
The Brigadier: Benton.
Benton: Sorry, sir. I didn't see you there.
The Brigadier: What do you want?
Benton: Well, this package, sir. It's just arrived by express post. I thought it may be urgent.
The Brigadier: Well, for the Doctor or for me?
Benton: Well, that's just it. It's addressed to the Doctor or The Brigadier or Captain Yates or, er, Sergeant Benton. It's from South America, sir.
The Doctor: What, from Jo?
Benton: I reckon so.
The Doctor: Well, let's take a look. (The Doctor is about to open the package when he stops.) Oh, no, wait a minute. I've got a better idea. Er, Mister Clegg, would you like to tell us what's inside this package?
Clegg: This has come a long way.
The Brigadier: Yes, of course, from the Amazon. Sergeant Benton just told you.
The Doctor: Brigadier, please.
Clegg: From beyond the stars. Could it be a meteorite? Oh, it's beautiful. A gemstone. A blue jewel.
The Brigadier: Lord, not that stone of yours?
The Doctor: The crystal from Metebelis Three. Thank you, Mister Clegg. Let's take a look, shall we? (The Doctor opens the package and takes out the large stone.) Well, well, well.
Planet Of The Spiders – Episode 2
Sarah: You know, this is barmy. Here am I, calmly discussing fabulous planets with blue moons, giant spiders, magic crystals, as if I was talking about er, pussycats, fish and chips and the Liverpool docks.
The Doctor: Well, they're just as real.
Sarah: Oh, I know, but that's what gets me.
Planet Of The Spiders – Episode 3
Queen: We are successful?
Spider: Totally. The crystal is ours.
Queen: You have done well.
Spider : I thank you, O Queen.
Queen: Now you must prepare to return, bringing the crystal with you.
Spider: It shall be done.
Lupton: What about me? I am to be forgotten?
Queen: You are not necessary!
Lupton: Oh, but I am. Without me, you would never have recovered your precious crystal. I've been your friend.
Queen: A friend? A two leg dares to claim friendship with the eight legs, the noble ones?
Spider: He means no harm, O Queen, and it is true that he has served us well.
Queen: Very well. His reward will be to serve us further. We could use him in the great work, the conquest of Earth.
Spider: Conquest?
Queen: This is the secret purpose of the Great One.
Council: All praise to the Great One!
Queen: That is why she requires the crystal. We shall return to our rightful home, Earth, as rulers. We have exhausted our power. Be ready to return. Be ready.
Planet Of The Spiders – Episode 4
Sabor: The eight legs? Why they came from Earth too.
Sarah: But there aren't any spiders as big as these on Earth.
Sabor: Keep your voice down, my child. That word's forbidden here. But you're quite right. An ordinary eight legs, he must have been blown by the wind out of that crashed ship up in the mountains. There are blue crystals there. They have strange powers.
Sarah: Oh, you don't have to tell me that.
Sabor: Ah, then you must know that these crystals can enlarge the mind. Over the years, these spiders became cleverer and cleverer and larger and larger. By the time man found out, it were too late.

Planet Of The Spiders – Episode 5
The Doctor: [being held captive in a giant cobweb] Now I know what a fly feels like. An absolutely fascinating experience.
Planet Of The Spiders – Episode 6
The Brigadier: Hello, Miss Smith.
Sarah: Oh, hello, Brigadier. I just thought I'd pop in and. Well, to tell you the truth, I don't quite know why I did pop in, actually.
The Brigadier: To see if there was any sign of the old fellow, eh?
Sarah: Yes. But there can't be, can there? I mean, he's been gone over three weeks now.
The Brigadier: Oh, that's nothing. One time I didn't see him for months. And what's more, when he did turn up, he had a new face. Could have been a completely different man.
Sarah: No. he knew if he went back there he would destroy himself. We'll never see him again. (The Tardis materialises and the Doctor almost falls out of the doorway.) Doctor!
The Doctor: Hello, Sarah. I got lost in the time vortex. The Tardis brought me home.
(The Doctor steps out of the Tardis and falls onto the floor. The Brigadier puts a cushion under his head.)
Sarah: Oh! Oh, Doctor, why did you have to go back?
The Doctor: I had to face my fear, Sarah. I had to face my fear. That was more important than just going on living.
Sarah: Please, don't die.
The Doctor: A tear, Sarah Jane? No, don't cry. While there's life there's
Sarah: No.
(She closes the Doctor's eyes. There is a faint buzzing sound, then K'Anpo-Cho-Je appears, sitting cross-legged in midair.)
Cho-Je: It's all right. He is not dead.
Sarah: Oh no. I don't think I can take much more.
Cho-Je: I am sorry to have startled you, my dear.
The Brigadier: Won't you introduce me to your friend, Miss Smith?
Sarah: Oh, er, yes. This is the Abbot of. No, it's Cho-Je. I mean, it looks like Cho-Je but it is really K'Anpo Rinpoche. I think.
The Brigadier: Thank you. That makes everything quite clear.
Cho-Je: The Doctor is alive.
Sarah: No, you're wrong. He's dead.
Cho-Je: All the cells of his body have been devastated by the Metebelis crystals, but you forget, he is a Time Lord. I will give the process a little push and the cells will regenerate. He will become a new man.
The Brigadier: Literally?
Cho-Je: Of course, he will look quite different.
The Brigadier: Not again.
Cho-Je: And it will shake up the brain cells a little. You may find his behaviour somewhat erratic.
Sarah: When will all this happen?
Cho-Je: Well there's no time like the present, is there. (Cho-Je aims his fingers at the Doctor, then fades away.) Goodbye. Look after him.
The Brigadier: Now wait a moment.
Sarah: Look, Brigadier. Look. I think it's starting.
The Brigadier: Well, here we go again.
(The silver wavy hair becomes brown wavy hair, and the face becomes younger. Number Four Doctor has arrived.)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty