View Single Post
Old 19th May 2019, 11:53 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Sleepaway camp(1983)

After a boating accident that kills her father and brother, shy Angela(Felissa Rose) goes to live with her eccentric aunt Martha and potty mouthed cousin Ricky. and finds herself the victim of bullying when her and Ricky are packed off to summer camp. And then the killings start.

I have to say that i have mixed opinions about this film. for starters, the acting is absolutely atrocious, especially from aunt Martha who has to be seen to be believed. Certainly made me laugh though.
And then there's the kills that are pretty poor as well and lack any kind of suspense, especially a poorly executed death by bees.
But the film is actually a lot of fun too with all the hilarious characters, such as Ricky with his funny F Bombs, and the macho jock types looking so unbelievably camp in their tiny shorts.
And then there's the whole creepy undercurrent that goes through the film, with the strange flash backs, and the creepy pedo cook chap, who fortunately soon gets his comeuppence.

definitely different and worth a watch despite a lot of its failings. and with one very weird twist ending indeed. 67 out of 100.