View Single Post
Old 27th May 2019, 01:19 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I finished watching the second season of Nikita earlier this week. It is impressive how the writers have evolved some situations to stop it becoming too formulaic, though episodes generally involve the titular spy (or someone she loves) getting into trouble/needing to foil a dastardly plot, and then saving the day.

The ending sets up the third season very well, but I decided to take a break and watch American Horror Story: Roanoke. It's been a long time since I watched any of the previous AHS seasons, but fortunately this doesn't seem to have any call backs to events within the 'universe'.

As with Nikita, I thought it was becoming a little formulaic but then it completely changes around the mid point of the season, changing again before the 10 (and final) episode for an ending which is surprisingly touching. I then went straight onto the seventh season: Cult, which looks as if it could be a really interesting season because of the social commentary. I'm very glad I don't suffer from coulrophobia!