View Single Post
Old 27th May 2019, 06:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Terror Eyes (aka Night School) (1981, USA)

Terror Eyes (aka Night School) (1981, USA)
This is what I believe maybe an oxymoron, for what we have here is a bloodless slasher film, well relatively bloodless, especially when you consider our killer donned in black motorcycle gear and helmet is wielding a rather large curved blade and lobbing the heads of young ladies attending the Wendell College for Women...What was great about 1980s horror cinema is that it could be quite misogynistic, but do not worry because even the writer of this was a woman, Ruth Avergon so we can all wind in our PC necks a little...And while the film is not graphic in the sense of on screen mayhem, like say Lustig's Maniac, it does share that same kind of seedy vide you got with films like Don't Answer the Phone! (1980),although it is nowhere as hateful as Don't Answer, because that really does have some issues...Anyhow Terror Eyes or Night School, does have some nice murder set pieces, my favourite being the girl who works at the aquarium and ends up having her head bobbing about with the fishes, a take on the old severed head in a fish tank ploy don't you now...I will not spoil the ending but it is as daft as it ever gets, and lets be honest as genre fans, boy have we seen some right dozes...While it is definitely not in the top tier of 80s slasher movies, it still a a diverting watch for fans of hate filled cinema and slasher completist's...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg terror_eyes_poster_01.jpg (95.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg terror_eyes_poster_03.jpg (97.4 KB, 8 views)