View Single Post
Old 29th May 2019, 06:23 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
Destiny of the Daleks – Part 1
(The Doctor is examining a bit of K9.)
The Doctor: What a brain. Oh ho. What a brain. (K9 coughs.) Do that again. Say Ah.
K9: (croaky) Ah.
The Doctor: Ah! Ah, laryngitis. How can a robot catch laryngitis? I mean, what do you need it for, hmm? Romana! Laryngitis?
Romana: Doctor?
The Doctor: Romana, the dog's got laryngitis. (Princess Astra of Atrios enters.) Sorry, I thought you were Romana. Have you seen her? What are you doing here?
Romana: Regenerating. Do you like it?
The Doctor: Regenerating? What are you talking about, regenerating? Only Time Lords regenerate. Look, it's awfully nice to see you, Princess Astra
Romana: Romana.
The Doctor: Romana? Ah.
K9: Ah.
The Doctor: Shut up, K9. What are you doing in that body?
Romana: Regenerating. Do you like it?
The Doctor: But you can't wear that body.
Romana: I thought it looked very nice on the Princess.
The Doctor: But you can't go round wearing copies of bodies.
Romana: Why not? We're not going back to Atrios, are we?
The Doctor: No.
Romana: Well, then.
The Doctor: Well then, go and try another one. Go on.
Romana: All right.
(Romana leaves. The Doctor goes back to trying to fix K9.)
The Doctor: What's the trouble here? Preoccupation with external appearances.
Romana: I quite like this one but its a bit short.
(It's also very blue.)
The Doctor: Well, lengthen it then. Go on. Trying to look like other people. (Romana reenters as a voluptuous brunette in belly dancer gear.) It's just not important, is it, K9. (looks up) No thank you. Not today. It's what's on the inside that matters. That's what's important, isn't it, K9? Do you agree with me, K9? (The Doctor looks up to an eight foot Greek goddess.) Too tall. Take it away. Now, listen. You listen to me in there. What you want is something warm and sensible. Something that will wear well. Something with a bit of style and, well, style. You know.
(Romana walks in dressed just like the Doctor, complete with scarf and hat pulled down nearly to her nose.)
Romana: How about this, Doctor?
The Doctor: Exactly! Good heavens, that's exactly right. Ha! I never realised you had such a sense of style.
Romana: I thought you said external appearances weren't important.
The Doctor: Ah, but it's nice to get them right, though, isn't it.
Romana: Ah, but it's what's inside that counts.
The Doctor: Exactly. (The Doctor takes her hat off to reveal - Astra.) Oh.
Romana: Don't you like it? I think it'll do very nicely. The arms are a bit long. I can always take them in.
The Doctor: No, no, no, the arms are just fine. They're just fine. It's just that, oh well, all right, have it your own way. But get rid of those silly clothes, eh?
Destiny of the Daleks – Part 2
The Doctor: Romana. Ha ha! I thought you were dead.
Romana: Well, the only way to escape the Daleks was to feign death. It's lucky they didn't know I was a Gallifreyan.
The Doctor: Good girl.
Tyssan: Gallifreyan?
Romana: Yes, they taught me at school how to stop my hearts.
Tyssan: Hearts? How many have you got?
Romana: One for casual, one for best.
Destiny of the Daleks – Part 3
Davros: So, the long darkness has ended and the eternity of waiting is over. The resurrection has come, as I always knew it would. Now, where are my Daleks? (Davros trundles through the plastic curtain to be stopped by the Doctor.) Doctor.
The Doctor: Davros. You don't look a day older and I'd hoped you were dead.
Davros: Dead? I do not die. Mark this moment, Doctor. In the history of the universe, this moment is unique. Davros lives!
The Doctor: Yes, well, I can see your long rest hasn't done anything to cure your megalomania. Have a jelly baby.
Destiny of the Daleks – Part 4
Romana: Doctor, could you really have solved their problems and won the war for them?
The Doctor: Of course I could. It's obvious.
Romana: Was it?
The Doctor: Yes. Both sides were fighting with computers, perfectly logically. Each computer could predict the move of the other and counter it. Result, stalemate.
Romana: So the first side that switches its computer off and does something irrational
The Doctor: Wins the battle, yes. Make mistakes and confuse the enemy.
Romana: Brilliant.
The Doctor: Yes.
Romana: Is that why you always win?
The Doctor: Yes. What?
Romana: Because you always make mistakes.
The Doctor: Mistakes? Me? Well, perhaps once a century or so. (They go into the Tardis.) [OC] Well, I have made the odd mistake.
(The Tardis dematerialises.)
Romana [OC]: Not that switch.
The Doctor [OC]: What? (The Tardis materialises.) [OC] Oh, yes.
(And dematerialises again.)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty