View Single Post
Old 12th June 2019, 07:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default "The Vampire"

Episode 4: The Vampire .

vamp.jpg
For me personally this is my favourite episode, it pretty much encapsulates what Kolchak is all about, unfortunately not all the episodes are as good as this one, but your gonna get that with any series, they set the bar high with the two films, but I think budgetary restrictions and maybe apathy from the TV studio is what killed the series in the end, either that or Carl was carted off to the funny farm with Vincenzo shouting down his ear, mean while a zombie Ron Updyke keeps popping up in unusual places to scare Carl, of course no one but Carl can see him. But I digress...This is a marvellous follow up to the film The Night Stalker (1972),as a victim of the original vampire Janos Skorzeny,drags herself out of her grave, a marvellously filmed scene reminiscent of a euro style vampire flick, and equally as creepy...So its Kolchak versus a female vampire, who not only looks rather attractive but has super human strength as well...Its a great episode with Carl getting to do some Van Helsing like antics towards the end, and Suzanne Charney as The Vampire, could give Ingrid Pitt a run for her money in the sexy vamp stakes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg v2.jpg (23.7 KB, 4 views)