View Single Post
Old 25th June 2019, 01:01 AM
Cult Addict

Madhouse (1981)
MV5BMjhlYjNhNmMtMWZhNy00NWI3LTg2NzktMGY5MzJkY2M4ZTI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0.jpg

Somebody asked if anyone had seen this the other day but no one said much, i have the old Uk dvd and it was a video nasty i'd never seen so was getting round to it sooner or later, so thought i'd give it a watch.

I enjoyed this quite a bit, the director had something to do with that other Arrow freakout "The Visitor" and the exorcist rip off "Behind the door" so i was in from the Gecko.

Anyway...basically...some school teacher for deaf kids has a evil twin sister who hates her and escapes from hospital, goes on a kill crazy rampage with her pet dog and proceeds to slaughter all her sisters friends.

Or something.

But there is a twist.

This is really well shot and although shot in America has a slight Euro atmosphere due to the Euro crew involved, it's not exactly blood soaked but there are enough kills to keep the interest.

It's not top tier Nasty but if you are drawn to these kind of films it is perfectly decent, more along the lines of Butcher, Baker, Nightmare maker i thought as it's well acted and a pretty decent film.

Not mind blowing but i enjoyed it.

There's an infamous drill in dogs head sequence but this was pretty entertaining due to a substandard Sooty type joke dog head...nice.

Don't blame me if you buy it but there are a lot worse (craptastic.) nasties out there.

I enjoyed it more than i expected to.

7/10

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Last edited by nosferatu42; 25th June 2019 at 01:19 AM.