View Single Post
Old 25th June 2019, 07:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombsy666 View Post
I too agree that there is too much emphasis on re-releasing product which has already been done to death, I am a film collector who buy's for the enjoyment of the movie itself, apart from the odd special packaged ltd edition that come around I tend to stick to just buying standard editions at a more less inflated price, I am always hoping that something new will be announced to add a breath of fresh air to the choice, I have quite a few upgrades from dvd to blu ray and have no intention of upgrading to 4K as there is nothing wrong with the version I now own, I stupidly sold off a lot of my collection a few years back and am in the process of replacing certain titles back into my collection while not bothering with others, i'm becoming more selective in the versions I buy these day's.
I agree, I'm not made of money or have a lot to my name, hence why I do a lot of buying from car boots, charity, cex etc. Im selective if I'm paying eg £10 or over i wont buy blind or take a punt for that price, but if I'm buying £1 from charity shop then I'm not to fussed. Like most collectors we like to have a nice huge collection and we all do, and no denying because if didn't some wouldn't buy 10 plus films a week and have 3000 plus films.
Personally with that comment I'd rather have 2000 plus films bought cheap than own say 300 films bought at a ridiculous price because it's oop, (but that just me). Like all collectors we do like to own as many films as we can etc but I'd rather own a bare bones film than not own it all if I can't afford the deluxe edition with all the bells and whistles.

Last edited by gag; 25th June 2019 at 07:39 PM.