View Single Post
Old 1st July 2019, 01:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

The House That I Wish Jack Hadn’t Built (2018)

For weeks now, I’ve had the Blu Ray of this in my Amazon “save for later” waiting for a price drop because I didn’t want to spend £15 on a blind buy of a film I had a feeling I wouldn’t like. This morning, while browsing Amazon Prime Video for something to watch, I noticed it was listed, so I added it to my watchlist and have just finished watching it.
I’ve never seen any of Lars Von Tripe’s previous films, because frankly they didn’t and don’t interest me, but from reading about this online I’ve been wanting to watch it for ages to see what all the fuss was about.
2 things are gonna happen now: 1) I’ll never watch a single frame of any of his other films and 2) I’ll never get those 2 1/2 hours back!
Last time I’ve wanted a film to end out of sheer boredom was when I watched the heavily praised A Field In England!
Maybe I just don’t get it, but what a pile of shite that wasn’t even slightly shocking or gruesome, the only good thing I can say about it is the acting from Matt Dillon! This is why I don’t watch arty farty crap

**** all out of 5
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!