View Single Post
Old 9th July 2019, 05:35 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
Trial Of A Time Lord Part 9: Terror Of The Vervoids – Part 1
Mel: Come on, Doctor. Come on, hurry.
The Doctor: How I keep up with you is a constant source of amazement to me.
Mel: No one sends a mayday call unless it's a matter of life and death.
The Doctor: Yes. Let's exercise the grey cells for once, shall we, rather than the muscles. (A guard is on the upper catwalk.) That was no ordinary mayday call. It was beamed specifically at the Tardis.
Mel: So it's from someone who knows you.
(A Mogarian ducks out of sight.)
The Doctor: In which case, why wasn't it signed?
Mel: Panic? Desperation. Well, we won't find out by hanging about in here, will we?
The Doctor: We won't go blundering into a trap, either.
Mel: I've never seen this side of you before. You're usually the one who goes charging in regardless.
The Doctor: Can't you sense it, Mel?
Mel: Sense what?
The Doctor: Evil. There's evil in this place. (A guard sneaks past some equipment.) I've got a better idea. Let's go to Pyro Shika, a fascinating planet
Mel: Doctor! (A guard is holding a weapon to Mel's head.) Doctor.
The Doctor: So much for your enthusiasm. Let me do the talking. (Another guard jabs his weapon into the Doctor's back.) Now listen, my man, I can explain. We're
Guard: Shut up. Move.
The Doctor: I said I can explain.
Guard: And I said move.
The Doctor: He did, didn't he.
Mel: You certainly talked us out of trouble there.
Trial Of A Time Lord Part 10: Terror Of The Vervoids – Part 2
The Valeyard: Another death, Doctor? But for the caprice of chance, the victim would have been your companion, Mel. Your culpability is beyond question.
The Inquisitor: You could have prevented her from going into the cargo hold. Instead, you appear to encourage her.
The Doctor: When I viewed the Matrix earlier, that isn't what happened.
The Valeyard: More futile grasping at straws. When the facts tell against you, you cry fraud.
The Inquisitor: Do you wish to reconsider, Doctor?
The Doctor: No, madam. I am being manipulated, but the only way to discover why, and by whom, is to press on.
Trial Of A Time Lord Part 11: Terror Of The Vervoids – Part 3
The Valeyard: Stop the Matrix. I fail to comprehend this evidence. The Doctor is on trial for his life, yet in his defence he presents us with a situation in which he is deliberately flouting accepted authority.
The Inquisitor: Much of your evidence does seem to contradict your stated aim, Doctor. Are you saying the Matrix is again being falsified?
The Doctor: No. And if the Valeyard would exercise the same restraint as I showed during his presentation of his case against me
The Valeyard: Ha!
The Doctor: And could suppress his bloodlust
The Inquisitor: Doctor! This court is dedicated to giving you a fair trial. Do not abuse its indulgence.
The Doctor: I apologise.
The Inquisitor: The Matrix, Doctor. I suggest we return to the Hyperion Three.
Trial Of A Time Lord Part 12: Terror Of The Vervoids – Part 4
The Inquisitor: Did none of the unfortunate creatures survive, Doctor?
The Doctor: No, my lady. Had even a leaf survived and fallen on fertile soil, a Vervoid would have grown.
The Valeyard: Every Vervoid was destroyed by your ingenious plan.
The Doctor: Yes.
The Valeyard: Whether or not the Doctor has proved himself innocent of meddling is no longer the cardinal issue before this court. He has proved himself guilty of a far greater crime.
The Inquisitor: You refer to Article seven of Gallifreyan law?
The Doctor: No, my lady, that cannot apply! Had a single Vervoid reached Earth, the human race would have been eliminated!
The Valeyard: Article seven permits no exceptions. The Doctor has destroyed a complete species. The charge must now be genocide.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty