View Single Post
Old 11th July 2019, 03:26 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Hellraiser III Hell on Earth (1992)

Inspired by Demoncrat saying (in a roundabout way) that Deep Space 9's Terry Farrell took the lead in this film, and seeing as i'd just seen her character Dax, killed off after six seasons in the show, i decided to go with another slice of the gorgeous Ms. Farrell.

And she's pretty decent in it too. Incidentally, that's two of my favourite Star Trek characters (Both from DS9) that have starred in Hellraiser films.

Whilst not as good as the first two films in the series, Hell on Earth is still an enjoyable watch. The ante has been upped when it comes to action sequences with a couple of terrific set pieces in a night club and on the streets of New York. It takes a while to see Pinhead but there's gore galore throughout including a young woman losing all her skin to the devilish chains that haunt this inspired series of films.

Despite Pinhead taking a while to show up in the flesh so to speak, this film gives Doug Bradley more screen time than any of the first two films and he makes the most of it with a fine performance that is both arch villain and blackly comedic too.