View Single Post
Old 14th July 2019, 03:09 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Horde (2016)

A teacher and her students are captured in the back woods by a group of inbred mutants. Luckily a former Navy SEAL is along for the ride.

It's a while since i've bought a gruesome gore fest and a very long time since i bought one that was an action film as well. The Horde is certainly brutal and would have come a cropper with the BBFC back in the day - Tongues are cut out, legs sliced off by band saws and a girl is nailed to a table before being raped...and then along comes John Logan. An actor with presence, so much so that i thought i'd actually seen him in a lot of things prior, but looking at his CV only Mega Piranha springs to mind.

Inbred mutants are no match for an action star in the making and Logan makes swift work of the cannibals but has more problems with the likes of Bill Moseley, Vernon Wells and Costas Mandylor, who are using the mutants for their own nefarious ends, hell even Don 'The Dragon' Wilson pops up a couple of times to help.

So if you fancy an ass kicking gore fest mash up of Wrong Turn meets Commando then The Horde might be something you'll enjoy.

Definitely a pound well spent in the Screenbound sale.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MV5BMjI4MjI4NTQyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjE5ODAyNTE@._V1_.jpg (105.5 KB, 6 views)