View Single Post
Old 27th July 2019, 05:53 AM
Cult Master

Doctor Who over the years: Episode quotes
Aliens Of London
Rose: I can't tell her. I can't even begin. She's never going to forgive me. And I missed a year. Was it good?
The Doctor: Middling.
Rose: You're so useless.
The Doctor: Well, if it's this much trouble, are you going to stay here now?
Rose: I don't know. I can't do that to her again, though.
The Doctor: Well, she's not coming with us.
Rose: No chance.
The Doctor: I don't do families.
Rose: She slapped you!
The Doctor: Nine hundred years of time and space, and I've never been slapped by someone's mother.
Rose: Your face.
The Doctor: It hurt!
Rose: You're so gay. When you say nine hundred years?
The Doctor: That's my age.
Rose: You're nine hundred years old.
The Doctor: Yeah.
Rose: My mum was right. That is one hell of an age gap. Every conversation with you just goes mental. There's no one else I can talk to. I've seen all that stuff up there, the size of it, and I can't say a word. Aliens and spaceships and things, and I'm the only person on planet Earth who knows they exist.
(There is a deep horn and a spaceship, trailing black smoke passes overhead and heads for the city. It misses Tower Bridge, weaves around St Paul's, then with a nasty back-fire and a splutter, dives for the Thames, taking out the Clock Tower at what at first glance looks like 9:58 except the dial is actually backwards, silly special effects people. Big Ben chimes once and the spaceship crashes into the river. The Doctor and Rose watch a plume of black smoke rise into the air on the horizon.)
Rose: Oh, that's just not fair

The Doctor: All right, so I lied. I went and had a look. But the whole crash landing's a fake. I thought so. Just too perfect. I mean, hitting Big Ben. Come on, so I thought let's go and have a look
Rose: My mum's here.
The Doctor: Oh, that's just what I need. Don't you dare make this place domestic.
Mickey: You ruined my life, Doctor. They thought she was dead. I was a murder suspect because of you.
The Doctor: You see what I mean? Domestic.
Mickey: I bet you don't even remember my name.
The Doctor: Ricky.
Mickey: It's Mickey.
The Doctor: No, it's Ricky.
Mickey: I think I know my own name.
The Doctor: You think you know your own name? How stupid are you?

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty